Anyone else having trouble w/ Leopard/MacPro?

EZG

Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying that this is my second mac pro. The First one apple sent me was so buggy and crashy that they accepted it as DOA and gave me a new one. This one has served me fairly well for a while, but I have had a lot of trouble with some various things. All of these issues were present in the first system, but are starting to become more prevalent in this second MacPro. They are:

1. Photoshop gives me an ittermittant keyboard issue where it simply won't accept input from some of the keys. If I mouse up and use the menu a little, it goes back to normal. I'm thinking this is due to the PPC emulation, as I am using CS2 for PPC.

2. I'm getting a random restart of Finder. All my programs crash and restart without even as much as an "I'm sorry" from the operating system. Normally I'll be using Photoshop with Pandora.com running in the background in Opera when it happens. I think it might have something to do with Pandora because it often has to terminate the flash in that window. Whether that is crashing Finder or not is beyond me. I'm just guessing, really.

3. This is the one that just irratates me. I've been getting more and more actual OS crashes. I had one today, and probably three on Friday. You know how many I had before Leopard came out? None. Grr!

4. The computer is just running really poorly overall. I only have 2GB of RAM, but it is the 2 x Quad system. I would think that 8 cores should run faster than this. I can only expect so much out of CS2 written for PPC systems, but the operating system should be written to take advantage of multi-core processing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mac OS X still 32 bit?

Those're my gripes. Any solutions or similar horror stories?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.