My New Mac Media Center

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
Well I am new here but this seems like a cool place to talk shop...so I recently replaced my G5 with a MacPro and decided to move the G5 upstairs to my game room and turn it into a media center. Seemed logical to me and so far so good. I have it connected to a 50" Samsung Plasma and Sony surround sound and I am using Front Row. I just ordered a wireless keyboard with a touch pad to function as a gigantic remote.

Anyone have any recommendations for other additions or software packages to try out? I am planning on adding a Blue Ray drive in the near future but I am up for trying things!

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't believe that no one has any recommendation or suggestions for this. I will post some pics of the set up this weekend so you can see what I have going on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Seems to me that your setup there is pretty nice. Maybe for storage add an external HD; like 250GB and up for movies and TV shows. The Blu Ray drive sounds nice as well.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
here it is

well here is my media center set up...the G5 is running Front Row on a Samsung 50 inch plasma and it works great! i still need to get the audio working well since my receiver only has one optical input...any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

setup3.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.