My mac is running slow...

Reaction score
I have had it over a year and it is starting to run slow can anyone help?

Reaction score
delete unnecessary data (old folders, docs, etc). i had the same problem. after two years, i complied lots of junk. i didnt want to go through the hassle of sorting through everything so i just backed up all the necessities and went for a complete system restore. i think that would be the best thing to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
did you get the applecare? maybe you can drop it off for them to do a system test. also use the Disk Utility under Applications-->Utilities. It will fix some harddrive errors on the harddrive (if any)

i run it once a month, my MB is pushing 2 1/2 years now

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Sounds like you probably have a build up of crap. Trying cleaning out anything that you don't need anymore (it's always good to do this anyway). Something may also be running at startup that may be slowing you down. Go to System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items and uncheck anything you know you don't need running when you login.

What programs are you running?

Reaction score
Erase and reinstall question

My computer has also been running slow. I want to erase and reinstall Lepard on my 2005 Power Gook G4 (no intel) but have one concern. I have everything backed up on a Rugged-LaCie 250 gb external HD through "Time Machine"...if I do an erase and reinstall and then go to use my HD that I backed up before I erased, will all my data be safe? Will the new software ask to use the HD with "Time Machine" and then erase my old data?

Hope that isn't too confusing. All the help is greatly appreciated! :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.