• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Safest Way to trade straight up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I am currently in the processes of making a trade. My 20" iMac for a blackbook with 4GB ram. Anyone have any advice for me. I am a little worried about how to carry out shipping. Flin1 has come to me with that offer and I took it+100$. How do I know Im getting a Black Macbook and not just a empty box. I have an ebay account with a 25 feedback of 100%. I asked her to ship first. Should I hang onto my iMac before untill I get the macbook or what?
ALL ADVICE IS NEEDED.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The easy way to do this, is ask her to get the recorded weight and size of her package to you sent to you officially by the post office after it's loged. Then you'll know if it's the size and weight you are expecting.

And maybe you should offer the same to the other person. Just so there's piece of mind on both sides. And get the post office to hold your imac till you get the confirmation from them. Then give the ok for them to sent it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.