Web creation software

Reaction score
Hi

I wanted to get some recommendations on web creation software, eg dreamweaver etc as I want to learn to use one.

anyone have any preferences?

Dave

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Just use Dreamweaver it's pretty straight forward.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi

I wanted to get some recommendations on web creation software, eg dreamweaver etc as I want to learn to use one.

anyone have any preferences?

Dave

It depends on the type of site you're looking to create. For basic, personal web pages, iWeb does a decent enough job and is very easy to use. If you need something more robust, I highly recommend RapidWeaver. Dreamweaver is great for professional and semi-professional use, but I'd say there's a pretty steep learning curve for a newbie to web design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
It depends on the type of site you're looking to create. For basic, personal web pages, iWeb does a decent enough job and is very easy to use. If you need something more robust, I highly recommend RapidWeaver. Dreamweaver is great for professional and semi-professional use, but I'd say there's a pretty steep learning curve for a newbie to web design.

Great post. I would like to add thought that even though dreamweaver does have a steep learning curve, its integration with other adobe products gives a it a big plus. Granted I am someone who has been using dreamweaver since before i can remember, and i have not tried rapidweaver.

also if you want to do strictly css, cssedit is a great app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.