Mac Mini Ram

B

Brigrat

No, that is not the same. PC133 SDRAM is old, DDR333 SDRAM is PC2700. PC133 is single data rate, or one operation per clock cycle, where as DDR (Double Data Rate) performs two operations per clock cycle. The moral of the story is, you want either PC2700, or DDR333. The real question though is what size, ram module you need, I do not know if the Mac mini uses notebook memory, or standard size memory???

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Everyhting we already know is on there. But it was unteresting reading. Thanks anyways!

I found this... http://www.apple.com/ca/macmini/design.html it shows a picture of the inside at the bottom. It doesn't look like note book memory. Does SDRAM come in different sizes besides notebook and desktops? Anyone know anything else. ?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
shaun89 said:
Everyhting we already know is on there. But it was unteresting reading. Thanks anyways!

I found this... http://www.apple.com/ca/macmini/design.html it shows a picture of the inside at the bottom. It doesn't look like note book memory. Does SDRAM come in different sizes besides notebook and desktops? Anyone know anything else. ?

Thanks.

Sorry, but what on earth are you going on about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
johnnyluu said:
Sorry, but what on earth are you going on about?

Good question...

@shaun89:
You already got all the answers you need, the Mac mini uses PC2700 DDR-SDRAM which is exactly the same than DDR333 (DDR=Double Data Rate). It's not PC133, because that's Single Data Rate RAM, which wouldn't even fit physically anyway...
It's the exact same RAM the actuall eMac, the last iMac G4 and the last PowerMac G4 MDD used...

What else do you need to know?!?

PS: Changing the memory yourself on the Mac mini will void your warranty...including AppleCare, in case you've bought that too.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Hm.. Ok. I was jsut wondering if there were differnt sizes. I guess not. Well thanks guys! sorry to confuse you...lol

C

colday

Avalon said:
Good question...

PS: Changing the memory yourself on the Mac mini will void your warranty...including AppleCare, in case you've bought that too.

Good catch!

This is on the Mac Mini site:

"Memory, AirPort Extreme and internal Bluetooth upgrades must be performed by an Apple Authorized Service provider; fees may apply."

Reaction score
colday said:
"Memory, AirPort Extreme and internal Bluetooth upgrades must be performed by an Apple Authorized Service provider; fees may apply."

At least it is upgradable, BT on the iMac is build to order only.

C

colday

mynameis said:
At least it is upgradable, BT on the iMac is build to order only.

Yep. I made that mistake with my iBook G4. I didn't do enough research first, and ASSumed I could install it. When I bought my iMac G5, I did get it installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.