Microphones

Reaction score
anyone here know anything about mics?

i'm just wondering what the advantage of a rotating capsule would be? (on a condenser mic.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
In my personal opinion, it's a waste of money for a pointless option. I would spend the difference of the price on a better mic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
Can't say much about the rotating bit, but it's really about what sort of sound you are looking for. I typically use a larger diaphragm condenser for vocals to capture a bit more the of sound. For micing amps I'll usually use a pencil condenser, same goes for recording my acoustics. What are you trying to record exactly?

Reaction score
I have a question about this. I'd want to be recording acoustic guitar. What kind of mic should I use for that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
In my experience, acoustic sounds best in Stereo (2 Mics). One on the sound hole, and one more towards the neck. You could do it with pretty much any mic, but i would recommend condensers. Are you planing on buying a mic? Or do you have a few and you don't know which to use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.