What is my Macbook Pro Worth?

Reaction score
I Bought a macbook pro about 6 months ago and it has Iwork 08 and Microsoft Office 08 along with the apple wireless mouse. The computer is in perfect condition and hardly used, any ideas on what i could sell it for, and where a good place to sell it would be?
Its the lowest model 6 months ago. 2.4ghz, 2gb ram...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
According to everymac.com $1999. (not including extra software) It maybe a good starting point though. For selling, I would try Ebay or craigslist, etc. You'll need to keep the price lower than you could buy it at Apple or it'll be a hard sell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
Since it's used but has extra stuff on it, I'd start it at $1400. The Apple student discount now starts these new for $1400, but you could always lower your price. Craigslist is good, but you're more bound to get more money and sell it faster on eBay. Just wondering, since it's new and has all of that stuff with it, why are you selling it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
Well, maybe you should reconsider because the new MacBook Pro only has a few differences from yours. It has an extra graphics card and neither are extremely noticibly different than your current one and the HD is 250 GB opposed to 200 GB. And the design is different. Is it worth losing that much money over? By late next year if you have the money, it may be worth it. But if you hold it out, they might release a MacBook Touch or a MBP with even better specs in the next few months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.