Well, Just dropped my iMac off to apple for repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
I just dropped it off for a faulty firewire 400 drive, and my super drive wont burn dvd-rw's. How long do you think it will take to get it back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Pretty hard for us to tell, actually.

It all depends on what they need to fix, and if they have the spare parts available or not, etc.

I would ask the people at the place you delivered your imac instead. Good luck and lets hope you get your mac fixed soon ;)

OP
Luminosity
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
Pretty hard for us to tell, actually.

It all depends on what they need to fix, and if they have the spare parts available or not, etc.

I would ask the people at the place you delivered your imac instead. Good luck and lets hope you get your mac fixed soon ;)

Thanks alot. Yeah, i asked them and they said they will call me in two days to tell me what they found wrong with it(even though i already know) then they said it will take from 1 day to 2 weeks to fix :\ I just really hope it doenst take that long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
I just dropped it off for a faulty firewire 400 drive, and my super drive wont burn dvd-rw's. How long do you think it will take to get it back?

I took mine in for an LCD panel and SuperDrive replacement. They told me up front that they didn't have the SuperDrive in stock. Still, I got a call just a little over 24 hours later saying it was ready to pick up. I'm sure parts availability, diagnostic/repair time, and their current backlog of repairs are all factors, but based on my experience and what I've heard from friends, I'd guess anywhere from a day to a week. Hopefully, you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.