Bluetooth issues

Reaction score
Hi, I am at my wits end with my bluetooth on my 12" G4 powerbook.
it is running 10.5.5 and is very reliable with no issues at all except that one day my bluetooth preferances vanished from system preferances, the icon is there but just opens to an empty box.

I can use bluetooth no trouble to get online/isync with my phone and can add new phones etc by using the dropdown box under the bluetooth thingy at the top of the screen. I can't delete/remove any tho as i need prefs to do that.

Is there a simple solution? Ideally i would like to get the preferances back but at least just get rid of the phones already listed to start again. I don't really want to do a reinstall due to the hassle of reinstalling everything else.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi, I am at my wits end with my bluetooth on my 12" G4 powerbook.
it is running 10.5.5 and is very reliable with no issues at all except that one day my bluetooth preferances vanished from system preferances, the icon is there but just opens to an empty box.

I can use bluetooth no trouble to get online/isync with my phone and can add new phones etc by using the dropdown box under the bluetooth thingy at the top of the screen. I can't delete/remove any tho as i need prefs to do that.

Is there a simple solution? Ideally i would like to get the preferances back but at least just get rid of the phones already listed to start again. I don't really want to do a reinstall due to the hassle of reinstalling everything else.

Thanks in advance

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution? thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.