Bootcamp Mac, Xp, Free space partition

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my mac book pro from tiger to leopard and decided that i would have two partitions just to see how leopard worked whilst having the safety of being able to switch back to tiger. I have since deleted my tiger partition and stuck with leopard which is working great. I also have windows xp installed using bootcamp, this however leaves me a dilema, because bootcamp only allows the use of two partitions i cannot partition the large empty section of my hard drive where tiger was once partitioned. Also OSX wont let me resize the leopard partition which sits inbetween the windows and empty space on the disk ! To make the situation even more complicated during a recent house move I misplaced the entirety of my mac and most of my windows software save some i had in a seperate disck case which included xp. So I havn't got a leopard install disk for MBP i do however have an Imac leopard disk that i am borrowing from a freind as this gives me access to tools such as disk utility but obviously wont let me install leopard a fresh.

BASICALLY I can reinstall xp but need to leave leopard as i cannot re install it. Is there a way to use bootcamp with three partitions or resize my leopard partition?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.