Upgrading Logic Board/Motherboard

Reaction score
I have a black macbook 2.16 GHz just over a year old and want to upgrade up Logic board/motherboard to 2.4 GHz and i was wondering if it is even possible and will i need to upgrade anything else like the fan etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Upgrading the motherboard and the processor on a Macbook is extremely difficult if even possible. The amount if will cost you to buy a new processor/motherboard etc.. you might as well just buy a new Macbook and help out the economy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You won't see any difference between the two CPUs. Even if it was easy to do, it would be pointless.

OP
K
Reaction score
i have found one on ebay for £380 and know how to fit it, but if i upgraded why will i not see any differences in it's speed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You might knock off 10 minutes off an hour's video encoding.

In everyday use, there's little difference between any of the Core 2 processors to be honest. A 1.8Ghz Core 2 won't feel much different than the 3.0Ghz version. The Core 2 range is pretty fast throughout.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.