Won't Power up, power light comes on then back off

Reaction score
I was using my macbook pro and it suddenly shutdown. I tried to turn it back on but all that happened is the light in the power button came on for about 3 seconds then went back off.

I have tried all the stuff I kind find, such as taking out battery and holding power for 10 seconds, nothing worked.

One thing it said on Mac website was to hold down control/command and power for 5 secs. Tried that. Tried to power up and the power button stayed lit rather than going off after a few seconds but nothing else happened at all, just power button light stayed on.

After removing battery again and trying the "hold power button down" thing again, its back to when I try to power up the light in the power button comes on for a few seconds then goes back off and nothing else happens.

This happened while I was in china, plugged in through the correct mac power supply and wall adapter. I have two batteries, have tried both and tried with and without wall power plugged in. Both batteries show plenty of charge and work in other macbooks so pretty sure its not a battery problem

I really appreciate any help. Am out of country and have no way to call apple or go to mac store and NEED my mac for business asap.

Thanks so much!!

Jeremy

OP
J
Reaction score
Almost forgot, once while doing one of the many combinations of holding down buttons that the mac website suggests, the light on the power supply that is plugged into the macbook changed form the amber "charging" color, to red. I have not seen that before, but macbook still doing same routine of light on power coming on for few seconds then back off and no other response at all.

Thanks again for any help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
How old is that MB Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Is the Macbook still under its Warranty? It might be a good idea to get it checked over by Apple.

OP
J
Reaction score
The macbook is about 6 months old. Of course I would love to have it checked over by apple by that is not possible right now so I was just hoping someone here may have a guess as to what I could do.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.