Help! iMac...Gaming, quick question...!

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a iMac (G6?/the new ones with the aluminum casing) with this graphics card: ATI RADEON HD 2400 XT

I have heard that iMacs are not for gaming, but everyone said that about my MacBook because it does not have a "dedicated" graphics card...

Can I run simple games like SPORE or WOW on this iMac I am getting? Not looking for incredible graphics, etc., but when I ran WOW on my MacBook it looked AWFUL....

Thanks like always to those who answer! ....The rest of the specs are down below if they matter :

Processor Brand: Intel 
Processor: Intel Core(TM)2 Duo Desktop 
Processor Speed: 2.0GHz 
System Bus: 800MHz 
Cache Memory: 4MB at die Level 2 
System Memory (RAM): 1GB 
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To: 4GB 
Type of Memory (RAM): DDR2 SDRAM 
Hard Drive Type: Serial ATA (7200 rpm) 
Hard Drive Size: 250GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
I ran WoW for a while on an iMac and the performance was acceptable, the frame rate was a little low in places but you can turn up the quality settings.

This however was on the iMac with the Radeon HD 2600 Pro, with 4GB of system RAM.

I'd definitely recommend upgrading the RAM in the specifications you listed for gaming. WoW likes a healthy chunk of memory as does OS X and you're going to be having problems with only 1GB.

Reaction score
Just don't expect to be playing first person shooters. That is (unfourtanetly) why i still have my PC under my desk. If Apple ever came up with a way to upgrade video cards, then i think they would take a lot of gamers over to the mac side.

Reaction score
Just don't expect to be playing first person shooters. That is (unfourtanetly) why i still have my PC under my desk. If Apple ever came up with a way to upgrade video cards, then i think they would take a lot of gamers over to the mac side.

Why not just boot into Vista instead of having a separate PC?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.