Can I Put Airport Extreme into Client Mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I have my Airport Extreme hooked up to a USB printer and an ADSL Modem, but the ADSL Modem has stopped working and I have a Netgear Wireless DG834G on the way. I want to connect the Airport Extreme to the Netgear Wirelessly so that I can print from it, I want the Netgear to be the network that my computer joins to and supplies the internet and the Airport Extreme to have the printer connected on the other side of the room.

I don't think I would be able to join the two using WDS but i've seen a lot of things around the net about Airport Express's joining other networks in Client mode, does anyone know if the same can be done using an Airport Extreme? Its the UFO Airport with the Dial Up Modem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
If you're referring to "Bridge" mode, the answer is yes. And it sounds as though that might be what you want to do. Personally, I'd see if I couldn't use the APX for your wireless access so you can retain 801.11N speeds and use the Netgear strictly as a modem, assuming your MB has a "N" card in it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.