2 day old macbook 2.4 loud fan! anyone else?

Reaction score
I just got the 2.4 aluminum macbook 250gb hd. the fan is noticeably louder than my 2.2ghz santa rosa MBP. anyone else hear the fan????

even at 1000rpm i can still hear it?

when i first got it it was DEAD silent now i can hear it very odd...(it is not really loud it is just audible)

anyone else have this problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ
I've not had the problem myself, but I have heard of about three other cases on various forums where people have experience the same thing. The advice was to simply back up your documents and take it back to the store to be exchanged/altered. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
2.4 Here dead silent :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
2.4Ghz here, nothing but the keys clacking. I'll keep an ear out though!
Trent out​

OP
D
Reaction score
it might be the HD spinning. I am very particular I like my comp to be DEAD silent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Mine is dead silent no hard drive parking noise or nothing:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook, 16gb white iPhone 3G, 16gb iPod Touch, 4gb iPod Mini
Silent here as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Hey all. I just started having issues last night. I think the fan is loose. I opened it up to mess with the fan and could see no obstructions. It looks like the fan housing is too big for the fan and it's causing it to rattle at any speed over 2000rpm. I'm going to give apple a call today. It's not an issue now, but if that fan dies, lots of other things could go wrong. I'll keep you guys informed.

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After looking at my laptop today, Apple decided to replace it. I didn't even ask them to...in fact I was a little apprehensive because the fan was the only problem this one was having. I didn't have the dust behind the screen/dead pixels/bad keyboard that others are complaining about. They said the fan malfunction could prove to be dangerous, so they swiped it out for a new one. I got lucky though, no problems on this one. The keyboard is actually a little easier to type on as well. I guess I lucked out. I'm back up and running though. No fan problems, no dead pixels, no dust, good keyboard. They also gave me a voucher for a free ram upgrade (4GB) but they were out at the time, so I have to wait. Take care everyone!

Trent out

Reaction score
After looking at my laptop today, Apple decided to replace it. I didn't even ask them to...in fact I was a little apprehensive because the fan was the only problem this one was having. I didn't have the dust behind the screen/dead pixels/bad keyboard that others are complaining about. They said the fan malfunction could prove to be dangerous, so they swiped it out for a new one. I got lucky though, no problems on this one. The keyboard is actually a little easier to type on as well. I guess I lucked out. I'm back up and running though. No fan problems, no dead pixels, no dust, good keyboard. They also gave me a voucher for a free ram upgrade (4GB) but they were out at the time, so I have to wait. Take care everyone!

Trent out

Wow you are very lucky indeed. A voucher to top things up. !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.