Help please.

CCH

Reaction score
My birthday is coming up and I've decided I want to make the switch to a Mac. - I've had a lot of worries and thoughts and the biggest one was having built in Wi-Fi for instant internet access, a few days ago I asked about the Aluminum iMac having built in Wi-Fi and a helpful moderator told me it did. It was a load off but now I'm not getting an Aluminum I'm getting a

Apple iMac MA710B/A, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz, 512MB, 160GB, 17"TFT, Combo/GMA950

^ I don't know how to put that in simpler terms, I'm just hoping it means something to somebody. - It's the previous whiter iMac released in 2006 I believe. I was just wondering, does it have built in Wi-Fi too? Like can I just connect from the get go?

Also, would it be able to support Leopard.

Sorry if these questions have been asked a thousand times before, I'm just quite worried about this whole process and want some solid answers. - Thank you very much, CCH.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Yes it can support Leopard, and yes it has built in WIFI. Although, you may want to bump the RAM up a little bit, 1 GIG would be much better. :)

OP
C

CCH

Reaction score
Yes it can support Leopard, and yes it has built in WIFI. Although, you may want to bump the RAM up a little bit, 1 GIG would be much better. :)

Thank you very much for the speedy reply, you've put my mind at rest! - So (yes, I'm a technical retard :() - When I get the computer, it would be able to find my wireless network... and I can just connect like I would with a Windows laptop for example? Just to clarify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Thank you very much for the speedy reply, you've put my mind at rest! - So (yes, I'm a technical retard :() - When I get the computer, it would be able to find my wireless network... and I can just connect like I would with a Windows laptop for example? Just to clarify.

Yeppers, it should be no problem. The spec sheet for that model says that is supports 802.11b/g, so you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever. :)

OP
C

CCH

Reaction score
Thanks again, really made my day!

Can't wait until I'm a full time Mac user. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.