Maybe A Stupid Question... but

Reaction score
I have a PC with Windows and Linux and I was wondering whether I could install Mac OSX 10.5 on my Windows machine? Possibly dual boot? I really like the whole Mac 'thing' but I cannot afford a Mac computer.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
NO.

Read the rules! This is not allowed to be discussed here. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
can you help me

can you suggest me which operating system is good for new pc ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Go with XP if you don't have very high system specs otherwise Vista if you have a beast of a computer. Don't forget to get the SP1 of Vista, I think it has some 500+ bug fixes.

Reaction score
can you suggest me which operating system is good for new pc ?
I assume you mean an operating system other than Windows? Or maybe in addition to Windows?

If you want a different experience and an operating system that has a lot of similarities to OS X, you should try experimenting with Linux. You can do that easily from within Windows as a virtual machine: Install VirtualBox (it's free) in Windows and then install various Linux distros as "guest OSes" in VirtualBox. Play around and see which distro you prefer. Then you can graduate to a dual-boot or multi-boot setup.

Visit Distrowatch to get an idea of what Linux distros are out there. A lot of people think Ubuntu is the "only" Linux distro, but there are many others that I find superior. PCLinuxOS is a good choice. So are MEPIS and Mint. All of these have Live CDs that are bootable, so you can try them out without even having to install them on your hard drive.

The nice thing about using Linux is that you don't have to worry about violating any EULA! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Personally I hate Ubuntu with a passion, if you really want to learn about Linux and how it works, install and use Gentoo. They have great documentation, and a great forum to help people out. I have been using Gentoo since it was first released and I still say it is the best distro hands down.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
X2, about hating ubuntu at least...

gentoo.. eh.. other than ubuntu the rest don't bother me ;) although professionally, in linux distros at least, I spent more time working with redhat than anything else (including redhat, red hat enterprise linux and CentOS all as 'redhat' oh and probably include fedora core too)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
X2, about hating ubuntu at least...

gentoo.. eh.. other than ubuntu the rest don't bother me ;) although professionally, in linux distros at least, I spent more time working with redhat than anything else (including redhat, red hat enterprise linux and CentOS all as 'redhat' oh and probably include fedora core too)

I hated Deadrat too, even though I worked on them all the time (since it was, and probably still is, pretty much the industry standard). I like Gentoo because of the uber flexibility in how it is built, plus I like source-based distros. None of this pre-compiled crap! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I find Vista is quite stable now. I have 64bit

I also agree Ubuntu is a high quality alternative to Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.