Time Machine Restore error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Late 2008 2.53 ghz/320gb/4gb Ram
I just bought the new macbook pro and im trying to restore my time machine backups from my old computer on the new macbook pro, and every time it starts to transfer it says at the end there is an error and it cant transfer my files, anybody know whats up???? why is this happening

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
its not resore you need to do, you cant restore something the computer never had, you need to migrate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
When are you trying to restore? There is a part during the begging process with a new machine that will ask you if you want to transfer (or something similar) settings from a time machine backup. Is that where you are, or are you trying to do it a different way?

OP
pcasso87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Late 2008 2.53 ghz/320gb/4gb Ram
its not resore you need to do, you cant restore something the computer never had, you need to migrate

Yep thats what i ment migrate jajaja sorry about that, but yeah every time i migrate almost at the end of the migration which takes hours it gives me an error message and it gives me to options to try again or continue, i always click try again and nothing it does the same thing all over again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.