Poor Customer Service at Cherry Hill Mall Apple Store

Reaction score
Ok, a little over a month ago I inquired about the shape of the new keyboard that came with my new Imac. See it here

I discovered that the keyboard came defected. I called Apple and they gave me two options, they can mail me a brand new one or I can take it to any Apple retail and receive a new one in exchange for the defected one. I opt to do the latter.

So today, I reserved to be seen by a genius and I tell you, the guy must of thought I was stupid or something. First, the guy manually twists the keyboard into its rightful shape as a solution to the problem. I told the guy that that was unacceptable and that I was here to get a new keyboard in exchange for the defected one. Secondly, he tells me that they don't have any in stock and that I had to order one ( I could of done that through the phone). I told him that that was also unacceptable based on the information I was told over the phone. After all of that, he finally gives me a new keyboard.

What did he think I was, illiterate??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 ghz 4gb Ram 1tb, Ipod Touch 1g, iPhone 3G, iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25 GB
I guess everyone tends to have bad days, especially retail workers. It's not an excuse but just because it is an Apple store doesn't make them immune to being cranky.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I like how he lied to your face and then gave you the new keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.