Trouble installing screen(help please)

Reaction score
So I dropped something on my macbook. Basically, I bought a new screen on ebay for about $150 and got it in the mail today. The guy on the phone told me that the installation was easy and that there were directions on his auction page. About how to do it. (link is below)

I've got the old screen out but I can't get the hinge cover(step 2 in the link) to come out. All I have to do is unhook the motherboard display attachment. and the screen is out...I cannot get this hinge cover out and I'm afraid if I force it, it'll break it. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm getting desperate.

Thanks!

BRAND NEW APPLE MACBOOK 13.3" WXGA GLOSSY LCD SCREEN - eBay (item 200262158142 end time Oct-20-08 03:47:12 PDT)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Follow the links rman provided or you can go to iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories and download their step by step instructions.

Keep in mind that the Airport Antenna is orientated behind the screen assembly. Make real sure you do not disturb or otherwise move the antenna wires and connectors from their original location. If you do, it will degrade reception or possibly result in no reception.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.