Putting 15" Macbook Pro back together??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
Ok, so my friend has a Macbook Pro 15" LED that was two weeks old when he dropped it. The LED screen is destroyed and obviously Apple wasn't going to take care of it. So he took it apart and put the super drive in an iMini, took the RAM out, hard drive, etc....

He was able to get everything off of his hard drive by using the external hookup for video to a monitor before taking it apart.

He wants to sell it to me...everything works fine, but I have to put it back together...and then I would have to get a screen ($500 from iResQ).

Is this going to be a super massive task or putting it back together??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Depends on how much he wants for it. And yes, it's going to be quite a task putting it all back together. Even more daunting is going to be the task of getting it to work once everything is back together! :D

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
$500 is what he is wanting for it. I think I am going to see if he will let me try to get it working before purchasing it. I can always send it in to get a new screen later.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
$500 is what he is wanting for it. I think I am going to see if he will let me try to get it working before purchasing it. I can always send it in to get a new screen later.

Not a bad deal if it's one of the newer LED-backlit models.

If you've never worked on a laptop before, Apple products are not exactly the easiest to learn on. If you are mechanically inclined, instructions from ifixit.com will walk you through the steps. Just make sure you have all of the screws as they can be difficult to purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook, 16gb white iPhone 3G, 16gb iPod Touch, 4gb iPod Mini
$500 for the new screen + $500 for the MBP itself = $1,000. That's a brand new MacBook right there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
That's a task I'm not willing to do. And you shouldn't either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.