2gb ddr3 memory ?

Reaction score
I have the 2.4ghz , 2gb new mb

Just was thinking of upgrading the ram to 2gb * 2. I run vm ware a lot and its slow with just 1gb memory allocation.
ANy suggestions on what to get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, IPad 2 , IPhone 4
go to crucialmemory.com

they will help you determine your configuration and what you need to upgade...I went from 2 to 4 GB for just $80 from there...took 5 minutes to do the upgrade

EricE

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I would get 2x2GB sticks they cost about $140 for a pair.

Eric that price I think is for DDR2 RAM. The new MacBooks (pro) use DDR3. Unless you got an amazing deal.

OP
D
Reaction score
I think B&O is right, the new ddr3 memories are very costly. I went to the apple store and its like 300 $.

Where did u see the 140$ price ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I think B&O is right, the new ddr3 memories are very costly. I went to the apple store and its like 300 $.

Where did u see the 140$ price ??

Apple RAM is much more expensive than other comparable brands. I believe B&O was quoting a Crucial price.

Edit:

After looking at Crucial.com, it is in fact that price.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The OP said MacBook not MacBook Pro. (His subject line says 2GB DDR3) If he has a MacBook, his machine uses DDR2 modules which are less costly. The $80 per pair is about right. If he really needs DDR3 the modules are going to be around $140 to $180 per pair depending on the manufacturer.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
The OP said MacBook not MacBook Pro. (His subject line says 2GB DDR3) If he has a MacBook, his machine uses DDR2 modules which are less costly. The $80 per pair is about right. If he really needs DDR3 the modules are going to be around $140 to $180 per pair depending on the manufacturer.

Regards.

That is what the title says, but in his post it does say " 2GB * 2", which I took to mean 2x 2GB sticks of RAM. Not that it changes what I wrote, but that is how I interpreted it. :)

OP
D
Reaction score
That is what the title says, but in his post it does say " 2GB * 2", which I took to mean 2x 2GB sticks of RAM. Not that it changes what I wrote, but that is how I interpreted it. :)

Sorry guys for the confusion. I am new to mac.
What i said was infact two sticks of 2gb. and you are right in interpreting what is said.

FYI : WHy i put 2* 2gb, was because i dint not find the X ( mutliplication ) sign ( should have used letter x instead of the missing cross sign. ):Oops:

Edit : I found that dell has one of the lowest priced ddr3 memory ( free shipping ) ..
But is it good ???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.