Xcode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.5.4
Hi, I've been using text wrangler to write very basic java programs but I decided to use Xcode instead, the only way I knew how to open Xcode was to open an existing program so I thought by dragging & dropping the icon onto my desktop I would be able to open it but when I try to open it a box keeps telling me "The application Xcode quit unexpectedly " with a relaunch choice, when I do the same thing keeps happening. Does anyone know what I've done and how to fix it (macbook 10.5.4), I would appriciate any help!

Reaction score
If you mean that you moved the Xcode application to the desktop, you should move it back to where it was (/Developer/Applications). Applications should stay in the locations where they are installed. They'll often need to be there to run or update properly.

Why not just put Xcode on your dock. Just drag its icon to your dock. This action creates an 'alias' to the application. You can also put aliases on the finder window tool bar. I do this with certain apps that I, more often than not, d&d documents from a finder window onto. To do this, just drag an icon to the empty gray area on the tool bar of a finder window - hover in one location for a second and you should get a '+', indicating that you will add it to the tool bar.

OP
baltrx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.5.4
Hi, I've tried to move it back but it still wont work think I'm going to have to reinstall everything from the installation disks that came with the computer. I just don't know if I'm going to loose everything I have on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you're coding java, I'd recommend Eclipse...

It's free, designed specifically for java development and works really well!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.