• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Good GOD What Was I thinking!??!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I was nodding off to sleep a few minutes ago, thinking of the decisions I've made laptopwise. I was planning on selling this MacBook and spending $220 on a 1GHz TiBook because I wanted to pay my dad back the $450 I owe.

WHAT AM I THINKING!?!?!?!
THIS MACBOOK HAS DDR2 RAM
IT HAS DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
IT'S BEEN NOTHING BUT RELIABLE FOR ME
WHY WOULD I SELL IT?
JUST PAY MY DAD BACK. *Slapps head*

You know sometimes I just REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't think. I'll make about $300 on the TiBook I'm selling on eBay, on top of the other $150 I've made already. UHHH DUUURRR THAT'S $450 TO PAY HIM BACK AND THEN THIS IS REALLY MINE. Good lord I'm a moron.

Reaction score
Lol... just tell him as long as you owe him. He'll never be broke :p

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When I first saw your other thread I almost said DO NOT get rid of the Macbook as you will regret it. Glad you came to that conclusion on your own! I right now am flat broke and would love to own a Macbook but my iBook will have to get me by for now, but keep the Macbook. Sell like you said the other Powerbook and you will be able to pay your dad back. I like the older Macs a LOT but that Macbook is one good system and will keep you going for a lot longer than the G4 Powerbook would!

Glad you finally thought it over and are keeping the Macbook!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
When I first saw your other thread I almost said DO NOT get rid of the Macbook as you will regret it. Glad you came to that conclusion on your own! I right now am flat broke and would love to own a Macbook but my iBook will have to get me by for now, but keep the Macbook. Sell like you said the other Powerbook and you will be able to pay your dad back. I like the older Macs a LOT but that Macbook is one good system and will keep you going for a lot longer than the G4 Powerbook would!

Glad you finally thought it over and are keeping the Macbook!

Travis,
I'm letting you guys know now with me. I love blunt, brutal honesty as I am the same way. Kinda wished you said it then, but hey better late then never. Don't ever hold anything back with me :D. The crazy thing is I got this MacBook for $500. I mean yeah the power button and trackpad clicker is browned from grease...But for $500, that's a STEAL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I almost sold my macbook for one of the older 15" Aluminum Powerbooks and I was just about to list it on the net till I saw the specs of the G4 and OMG the macbook over top of it even without the graphics card leaves the G4 in the dust in the CPU related tasks.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I almost sold my macbook for one of the older 15" Aluminum Powerbooks and I was just about to list it on the net till I saw the specs of the G4 and OMG the macbook over top of it even without the graphics card leaves the G4 in the dust in the CPU related tasks.

Exactly. It's funny how powerbooks go for the same, if not more than MacBooks on eBay. This MacBook is the 1st generation MacBook and the speed difference between this MacBook and my old 1.67 Aluminum with 2Gigs of RAM is like comparing a rocket to a turtle.

I bought the TiBook anyways. I'm getting rid of my eMac so this way when I'm back up north I can make the TiBook my itty bitty desktop :p

I sold my Apple II today to someone at work. It's gonna be strange around here with so little Macs :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I know, I have the same Macbook, the first Gen Core Duo one, I just upgraded the Ram to 2GB and the HDD to 320GB and compared to my old 1.42GB iBook this thing is a rocket, in NZ there is so many Macbook's online for sale and hardly any Powerbooks and the Macbook's are so much cheaper than the Powerbooks even though they are so much more powerful. When I first bought this I was so tempted at the Powerbooks but saw the macbooks would do so much more for a lot lower price.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One question:
Wouldn't it make more sense to sell this MacBook now and get more money for it since this version is just going to depreciate in value?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
One question:
Wouldn't it make more sense to sell this MacBook now and get more money for it since this version is just going to depreciate in value?

I dunno about that. It seems that people aren't happy that firewire went bye bye on the new version, so you might be able to sell it at a decent price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
One question:

I don't think so.

I think theres a lot of people like me who are entering the Mac world and really like the new MacBooks, but for one with a backlit keyboard, $1700? I don't have that budget.

In turn, most people will buy the older, more reliable ones for now (imo).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Good man - I don't think people appreciate the difference in performance between a Core Duo and a G4 sometimes, but you will if you go backwards. It's always the case.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got $550 for it....(The MacBook)
.....>><<<<....
....<<<<>>>>....
Probably shouldnt've spilled water on it today...
....Oh wait that wasn't me...That was my dad's girlfriend who spilled water on the trackpad...
The computer works fine now that it's dried out...The clicker was going haywire before and the laptop randomly kept freezing but it's fine now...
I still can't re-install Leopard, so when I couldn't do that (The boot screen kept freezing.) I dumped it, FAST While it was still functioning really well with no problems...So I'm happy I got $550 for it but it'll be sorely missed.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I got $550 for it....(The MacBook)
.....>><<<<....
....<<<<>>>>....
Probably shouldnt've spilled water on it today...
....Oh wait that wasn't me...That was my dad's girlfriend who spilled water on the trackpad...
The computer works fine now that it's dried out...The clicker was going haywire before and the laptop randomly kept freezing but it's fine now...
I still can't re-install Leopard, so when I couldn't do that (The boot screen kept freezing.) I dumped it, FAST While it was still functioning really well with no problems...So I'm happy I got $550 for it but it'll be sorely missed.

Seems like you deal with drama all the time. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with people ever since I moved out on my own.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you sell/Give away that eMac?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seems like you deal with drama all the time.

YA THINK!!!!???? :p
Freakin people wonder WHY I have IBS....
Yeah moving out on my own...I keep flip flopping about whether or not to stay here in FL or not...Or to finish my degree in Liberal Arts since im 6 classes away but I can't stand studying and I just want to go to trade school to work on cars an...Oh I'm getting off subject...
...Anyways...

Yes I'm giving the eMac to a user in here and in return he is going to replace the screen on my 1GHz TiBook. :D
...God I'm on my MacBook now...I'm really gonna miss this thing..:Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.