OSX Reinstall from a Linux Install.

Reaction score
I wanted to try Debian on my macbook thru a friends persuasion and come to find out that the Debian install erases the ENTIRE drive. Heres my issue.

I now have a Macbook, with Debian on it. I wanted to re-install Leopard. I just moved and came to find out that the moving company never took my box of CD's with them on the truck. BUT WAIT! I made an img (dmg I beleive) of the cd first as I do with all my important cd's incase of damage. YAY! no.

Debian will not read the img.

And to make matters worse, the Macbook is the only PC I have that will burn a DVD+R D/L. =(

I need some help trying to get this to work. Am I just A--ed out? I have heard of installing thru an Ipod, which I have a 30g one laying around, but the instructions say that I need to make it possible thru OSX First. ughh.

As of right now, the poor Macbook just sits there collecting dust.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well... wherever your box of CDs is at... have them shipped to you. Problem solved.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Either have them shipped or buy a new copy of the OS. Since you will not be able to use the image copy you made, because the image copy is not bootable.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok, that makes more sence, thanks, Ill have to visit the local Apple store. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.