• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

xvid question

Reaction score
ok i reposted this cuz i found my previous answer on my own.

However, still need lots of help im sure. Ok so i'm new to downloading torrents. I got a couple movies. First off sorry Im using mac os its a mac book. I'm not sure what version or anything that i have. but... i dloaded some dvdrips. I simply want to watch them not burn them on my mac. So i open the dloaded dvd rip and the folder has all these .r01 and .r02 etc and I can't view them or open w/ any app. I unzipped one with win rar but that only converted one of those tiny files about 50 secs of the movie. That was the only file that was named a .rar file. SO i'm guessing thats why all the other ones are greyed out and doesn't allow me to convert. So how can I covert all of them or do i even need to do this. or what? Can anyone shed any light on this and help a poor guy out. Appreciate any help greatly. thanks the dr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
Hi drshakegonzo,

the software you need is Stuffit Expander to unzip the whole film and VLC player (videolan, free download) to play the film.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.