Toast 9 and CD Spin Doctor Specific

Reaction score
Roxio Toast 9 and CD Spin Doctor

I'm new to mac forum. I've recently purchased Toast 9 and the included CD Spin Doctor which allows one to record streaming audio from the Internet. I've figured out how to record streaming audio, but when I'm in Spin Doctor and I try to send my newly recorded file to Toast (using their "simple" send file to toast button), a message appears stating that this file type isn't supported by toast. Is this possible? Shouldn't these two programs be compatible with each other? In Spin Doctor, it seems to only record in AIFC mode (can I change this because maybe this is the problem, if so, how?). I was excited to get Toast because I want to be able to record streaming audio, but this is making it impossible since I don't know what to do with the AIFC file. Please help. Thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
I've figured out how to record streaming audio using CD Spin Doctor (provided with my new purchase of Toast 9), but I can't figure out what to do with the file once I've recorded it. I'm not familiar with the type of file (.AIFC???). When I try to import this file into Toast, a message tells me that this file type isn't supported by Toast, which I find surprising. Also, I saved the file to my desktop, but then when I click it to play from itunes, the file doesn't play. I think Spin Doctor is automatically forcing me to record using this weird format. Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on some new programs, but since I just shelled out the buck for the new Toast 9, I'm really hoping to get that to work.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Did you upgrade Toast to the latest version?

Reaction score
i have just purchased toast 9. i am a dj. i am trying to increase the sound quality through when recording. after i stop recording he directs me to the cd spin doctor software. there it automatically records to 160kbps quality. is there any way to increase this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.