The Poor Long Neglected Mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Is it just me, or is Apple neglecting the Mini? I have been hoping for a refresh of the Mini for some time now, but I think that Apple may be planning to discontinue the machine - perhaps they have decided that laptops and larger desktops are the way to go?

The purpose of the Mini, to my mind, was always to provide an inexpensive way for people to "dip their toes" into the Mac experience. Perhaps with increasing market share, Apple feels that the Mini has successfully accomplished its goal and can now be put out to pasture? That would be too bad. The Mini has always been a great machine and I for one would love to see it carry on.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
perhaps they'll replace it with something a bit more meaty, similar form factor, but better graphics (ala the new macbook) to be a better performer in the media-center business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
perhaps they'll replace it with something a bit more meaty, similar form factor, but better graphics (ala the new macbook) to be a better performer in the media-center business.

Thats what I was thinking. Perhaps moving that platform over to the new NVIDIA chipsets as well.

I would also be sad to see the mini go. My fiance has one, and she absolutely loves it. It is a great little machine and more than what she needs for school and web-browsing.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
The Mini is here to stay for all of those reasons. The Mini is always last. Do you member how long it took for them to get the upgrade from CD to C2D? It took months!

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I guess I will remain hopeful. I was hoping to get an upgraded one for my kids, but have been waiting...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.