Sharing external drive - priviledges

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PowerMac Dual 2.3 GHz 8GB DDR2 SDRAM Os X 10.4.11
I have a Mac, running 10.3.9, that I use for an FTP server. Everything that is uploaded to the FTP site is saved on an external hard drive that is connected to this mac via FireWire. Everything that is saved has read/write priviledges for everyone.

I am running a Mac, at my desk, using OS 10.5.4. I can successfully network to this drive by going to afp://IP address/FTP, where FTP is the name of the hard drive. I can connect to it, and pull files off of it. They come across with read/write priviledges and I can do anything I want to them - rename, delete, etc...

I cannot put files onto the external drive. I do not have enough priviledges, or so it says. I also cannot move files around on there, or delete anything. It seems like I can't write anything on that drive. However, when I connect to the Mac, and just go on the built in drive, I can... and I don't see anything different in the settings. The only thing I see different is one is formatted for Mac OS and the other is Mac OS Journaled. I can access/write on the journaled drive. Should that make a difference?

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong here?

Thanks!
Jon

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PowerMac Dual 2.3 GHz 8GB DDR2 SDRAM Os X 10.4.11
Nevermind, I'm sorry. I'm a moron. I found a place where it had read only that I didn't catch before, and that fixed it.

Sorry - this post can be deleted!

Jon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.