Picking up my 8Gb iPhone Monday...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey everyone :)

Now, ive already grabbed my flame suit just incase i ask questions asked before, but here goes...

What would you lot recommend I have ready for the arrival of my iPhone? So far all ive done is organized address book with all my contacts so I can sync them...

Any "Killer" apps you would recommend that I install?

How easy is iCal to sync with the iPhone? I work in a very busy shop and the ability to have my work schedule with me out and about would be excellent.

Anything I should worry about?

Anyway, im sure there will be more questions :p

*Hides behind wall*

Ready when you are :)

-- Bry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
- I'd say if you didn't get a dock, get one. Makes it a lot easier to charge/sync. I even have one for my car, hot glued to the inside one of the cup holders so that it doesn't throw its self around when shifting gears. Have iTunes ready with playlists and all (but I assume you do already), and convert any movies you want to place on it. Get a case or a screen protector of some sort!!

-Killer apps.... Some free ones: Bloomberg, Remote, iPint, Air Sharing (really the best app in the store, but not sure if it is free anymore), and Pandora
Ones to pay for: Mainly games here But Enigmo, Gas Hog..

I haven't been to the App Store in a month so I'm sure that I'm missing a lot of good apps.

-Extremely easy. Do you have MobileMe?? That makes it 10x easier.

-Keep a polishing cloth handy because the black iPhone attracts fingerprints like crazy..

Congratulations!!! You are going to love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
If you IM a lot, BeeJive is by far the best AIM application available on the iPhone.

If you plan on jailbreaking, get Cycorder. It is a full-feature Video Camera for iPhone. Easy to use, and its free! Snapture is another app that adds several features to the camera, such as Zoom, Multi-shot, Color-mode, Timer, Size, and using volume buttons as snapshot when in landscape mode

One more thing, try to go by the Apple store and pick up a screen gaurd. Its not only useful for preventing scratches, but it helps minimalize the fingerprints on the screen (so annoying)

Good luck, and enjoy the iPhone

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey :)

Cheers for the replies Waterpolo820 and Josephali!

I doubt im going to jailbreak my iPhone, so that at least cuts out some things I might need to find :)

You both mention a screen protector or similar is a great idea, any suggestions from personal experience which ones are good to go for?

I haven't got MobileMe but I have already set up my address book, iCal etc with everything I need so im hoping it will sync easy enough :)

-- Bry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
You can get a MobileMe 60-day trial to see if you like it or not.

Also, I got myself the InvisibleSheild from Zagg. Probably the most popular clear phone guard. Check them out on youtube or google. Haven't gotten a scratch yet. Good thing about the Zagg, is that it covers the entire phone, so a hard case is optional.

Enjoy!

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey :)

I'll look into MobileMe! Ill also check out invisible shield :) Cheers!

-- Bry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.