iPhone 3G/T-Mobile, Please Help!

Reaction score
My friend said he would be more than happy to obtain a iPhone 3G for me from AT&T since that is who he uses for service. I know that this would be a LOT cheaper than buying an iPhone on eBay.

After he does this, is there a way to unlock it if already activated by AT&T...AND what is the BEST way to unlock the phone to use with T-Mobile...?

If I can not get a phone from AT&T, just eBay, I still need the BEST way to unlock it...is TurboSim the answer?

THANK TO ALL WHO ANSWER...!!!

-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yeah your going to have to use something like TurboSim since I believe their still isn't a way to unlock it with software. Correct me if I am wrong.

I would probably just purchase a first gen iPhone to use since 3G is still almost non existent on TMo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
A turbsosim is the only unlock method for the 3G. please understand Turbosim are not reliable unlocking methods they often lose service and require replacement quite often. They also get jammed inside the 3G sometimes. I don't think you will be happy with using the Turbosim.I have a Turbosim in my 3G and hate it,I'm getting ready to sell my 3G and go back to a 1st generation the reliability of the 3G on tmobile is almost non-existent until a reliable software unlock comes available I can wait. If you noticed on ebay the price of iphone 3Gs have dropped drastically over the past few months. 8Gbs can be bought brand new for $400 2 months ago they were going for $700ish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1/1/120, Powerbook G4 12" 1.3/768/60, iPhone 8GB T-Mobile :) , iPod Shuffle
I use a 2G iPhone on T-Mobile, and it works beautifully. I agree that it's a bad idea to mess with trying to unlock the 3G iPhone.

Wait about a year, because

a) the iPhone dev team should have a reliable way to unlock the 3G iPhone, and

b) T-Mobile will have 3G service in almost every market. Right now it's only in about 20 major markets.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.