your thoughts

Reaction score
after all the excitement brought about by the unveiling of the new macbook i had to go and get one (it was kinda an impulse purchase and my contribution to an ailing economy). It was my third apple purchase of 2008- a new imac in feb to replace my mac mini, an iphone in july and now the macbook. I love the portability of a labtop and im plan on using it to replace my PRETTY PINK HP at work. My question is this:

What is the best way to use the individual machines together? Im thinking the most efficient manner is to set up dropboxes between the two for transfering any files but is the a better way to make the macbook an extension of the imac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
if you have MobileMe you could use the iDisk feature, so there is no need to transfer anything between the 2 machines as everything would be hosted on the cloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
My thoughts... (based on the title of the thread)

It's great being a grandparent
I enjoy computers
Bluegrass music is cool

That's probably enough on "my thoughts". ;) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
I use DropCopy very easy to setup and works flawlessly between Mac's, you can also include WakeOnLan to wake up any Mac's that may be sleeping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.