• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Things That Drive Us Mac Forumers Crazy!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Annoying threads that complain about what we hate?

You mean the kind that can be skipped/ignored without making snarky comments? ;)

OP
KeithTeeple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I think someone said this thread was 2 and a half years old. It's like 2 weeks old :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I think someone said this thread was 2 and a half years old. It's like 2 weeks old :p

Whoops, that was phrased incorrectly. I ment the other thread that I was looking at was over 2 1/2 years old. lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
New boots and blisters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Doc Marten's are soooo worth it...
Nah, not Docs.. although I don't buy those since they went to China to be made.. they no longer fit me right and the seams rub my feet the wrong way...

This pair of boots are Asolo midweight hiking boots :D

If I could stomach my 20 year old scarpa attaks in the heat and scree here, I would.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
Don't even get me started on "iPhoneites".

OP
KeithTeeple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
What annoys me? People who say LOL in their post's ALL the time. Get a smiley! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
smileys - cant stand them, i would rather say lol

OP
KeithTeeple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't stand lulz. I would rather say lawlz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
If there is another antivirus thread I am going to go crazy already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
For sale posts that start out by saying "Feeler..." but do not list an asking price. Just post what you want for the darned thing and whether you ship internationally or not. Oh, and in the same area, folks who poop on sales threads by posting "****.com has the same thing for $xxx". If you don't like what you see, just move along. Oh, and threads that list an item for sale, but contain mainly links to their listings on online auction sites. What the heck?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I hate for sale posts that try to rip off unsuspecting people that don't know the value of a thing.

I consider it my civic duty to let my friends know that they can get that thing brand new, with a warranty, for about the same or less money.

And yes, I have some friends here. Well, at least a couple. Maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Lack of Communication during a sale! Communication is 100% key to everything!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
There are veins popping out of my neck right now--my blood pressure is off the charts--I am so aggravated.

I live in a major metropolitan area with 5 million people. We have 10 digit phone dialing, and it sucks!

I'm trying to send a 5 page fax to a list of 20 numbers. I live on the edge of an area code. 1/4 mile north of me, the area code changes. Half the phone numbers in my area code are local, the other half are long distance. Half the phone numbers in the area code to the north of me are local, half are long distance. Long distance numbers require you to dial a '1' first. Local numbers don't work if you dial the '1' first.

If I know the approximate location of the business I'm calling, I can guess whether or not to use the '1' first. I have a $300 fax machine which can broadcast faxes to multiple recipients after scanning them once, however, I don't know whether or not to put a '1' in front of the area code for each of these 20 numbers. So I'm going through them one at a time, sending the fax manually and guessing whether or not to use a '1', and I have to scan the same document 20 freakin times.

So far I'm 1 for 5 and about to take a bat to this thing like that poor copier on Office Space...

Does anyone else live in a city where half the area code is local and the other half is long distance, and there's no way to tell without dialing the number incorrectly?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.