Advice greatly needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I think I found a good deal on a powerbook on ebay. However the seller said this about the display:

"when the display is moved, it can become distorted. This does not happen all the time, and is most likely caused by a cable that runs from the logic board into the display. This cable could be replaced by an adventurous person for a few dollars, or by a trained technician. The distortion does not make the laptop freeze or not function in any other way, and if you plug it into an external monitor it does not affect it."

I'm assuming he means that the distortion does not happen when you plug it into an external monitor.

Question:
Do you guys think it's the cable or the LCD screen saying "Sianara!!!"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
At least the seller is honest in stating what's wrong. Who knows, the display could be on its last leg or it could be as the seller says. When you deal with these kinds of sales on eBay or Craig's list, it's strictly "Buyer Beware".

If he sells it to you at a bargain basement price, go for it. You can always use it for spare parts on the next Powerbook you find.... ;D

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.