Print driver problem

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to install drivers for a Dell 3000cn. I have downloaded the "hpijs-2.7.10-UB" driver along with the "gplgs-8.61-ub" ghost script. When I go to unpack and install the first one, it goes through the pre set up and asks where to install it and asks for my password. Then when it starts to install it just makes a loud repetitive "thump, thump, thump" noise. It locks up and you can not stop it from making that sound. The only way is to unplug the iMac.

Any ideas if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Chad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
What goes "thump, thump"? If it's the dvd drive, which I assume is what you're using, then there is a problem with the drive, or the disk. If however your installing from downloaded software, and it is your hard drive - which would more likely be going 'scratch, scratch' - then it needs checking and repair. Tell us more about your iMac too.

Are you sure that Dell is compatible with Mac, or have you transferred it from a Win environment? See this: Dell 3000cn - ehMac.ca

OP
C
Reaction score
I It is not a hardware sound. It is a software sound. I was looking though the sounds under System Preferences/Sound/Sound Effects, and I believe that it is called "Funk" It makes that sound over and over. There is nothing in the DVD drive. The drivers were downloaded off the internet. From the Linux Foundation site "http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/hpijs". It does the same thing on my MacBookPro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I It is not a hardware sound. It is a software sound. I was looking though the sounds under System Preferences/Sound/Sound Effects, and I believe that it is called "Funk" It makes that sound over and over.

That is probably the Alert sound, telling you "no can do", which suggests to me that there is an I/O error from the software installation.

It does the same thing on my MacBookPro.

Which, again, suggests to me that there's something wrong with the driver file, not compatible with the MacOS.

I'm sorry, but that's as much as I can ascertain at this stage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.