Web pages in Safari -- can't access some menus

Reaction score
Have this problem in Safari -- on some pages, the menu links are on top of each other. I wanted to find out about some employment opportunities on a web site, so I placed the pointer over 'about' and a menu appeared, and as I moved the pointer down towards 'employment', the menu disappeared and opened up the menu for the link 'family life' (it's a diocesan website ) and its various choices. If I open up the page in Windows (I'm running boot camp) I don't have that problem -- All the menu links are side by side and aren't on top of each other. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how I can fix this in Safari? I have OSX Leopard with the latest update, so I think it's 10.5.2 or .3

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't "fix" it. The webmaster who created the page more than likely created it for Internet Explorer. You can try using Firefox 3 for OS X. Firefox has a plug in which can emulate IE for those troublesome pages which work with IE only.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Can you tell me where/how to find and use/activate the plugin? I have Firefox 3.0.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.