New or old? Oh the options...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" - 2.4GHz // iBook G4 12" - 1.33GHz // iPhone 3GS - 16GB
With the release of the new Macbooks today, I've decided it's finally time for me to step into the Intel world. Question is, what's my best option? With my price range being under $1500 CDN, I've narrowed it down to 3 options. Any opinions or suggestions?

Option A (Benefit: Nice new Macbook) - New Macbook 2.0 GHz - upgrade to 250GB HD - $1449 (student discount)

Option B (Benefit: Money-Saver) - Refurbished Macbook Black - 2.4GHz with 250GB HD - $1199

Option C (Benefit: It's a Pro with a Bigger Screen) - Refurbished 15" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz with 200GB HD - $1449

What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Don't get me wrong, I actually like the new designs, but I would do a MBP any day of the week. It's what I have now, and it's what I will be upgrading to again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
Read through the other threads about why the 'old' blackbook is much better than the new macbooks 'firewire'
lol unless you are a gamer then get the new one or the pro... if your not a gamer then mate dont bother, i love my lil macbook..perfect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
I voted new macbook, because its now like the refurbished macbook pro with discrite graphics, but you are losing .4ghz, but its new.... pros and cons.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
The new MacBook does not actually have discreet graphics. It simply has a larger share of VRAM and a more efficient, faster chipset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
The new MacBook does not actually have discreet graphics. It simply has a larger share of VRAM and a more efficient, faster chipset.

Oh man i didn't notice that i assumed when I read Nvidia....I switch my vote:)

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I vote the new MacBook. I would be tempted by Black MacBook and I will try and find one myself soon as they are nice but dead now.

Reaction score
I just bought my 15.4" C2D 2.4ghz about 3-4 weeks ago and I love it. I dont like the only "glossy" option and the keyboard for the new MBP, so i would say go with the $1449 Refurb MBP.. heck of a deal. when i bought mine, i paid $1775 with CS3 Design Suite and Office 2008.. so, $1449 is a steal!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.