MobileMe....did i used to have an icon on the dock !?

Reaction score
Hello...
Ive just rebuilt an imac (bought on ebay)

It came with tiger discs only but had leopard installed, so i bought a new copy of leopard and installed afresh and set up my MobileMe whilst i was at it.

The question is this:
I could have sworn that there was an icon on the dock (pre rebuild) for MobileMe .......am i going mad, Was there an icon !? if so i would like to get it back on there !.........i cant seem to find any info regarding this, maybe its something that you get only after the 60 day trial (once you've paid) ?

Anyone help ?

Thank you in advance
J

Reaction score
MobileMe icon on Dock

I am having a very similar problem! Both my boyfriend and I have Macs, we both have separate MobileMe accounts and in the last month we both had to replace both of our computers. Both of us had the MobileMe Icon on the Dock that you are talking about on our original computers.
My boyfriend had to have his hard drive completely erased and then replaced, and I had to replace my entire computer. Since setting up our new computers, we are not able to get the icon back on there with our existing mobileme account!

We spent 2 hours at a Mac store, where the "genius" helping us spoke to 7 other "geniuses" there and not one of them believed us that this MobileMe icon could exist on the dock. (And that when it was on the dock, it was like an application/program, not just a Web site). They claimed the only place it can be is as a widget on the dashboard, but we BOTH had it on the dock on our separate computers.

This is driving us crazy and the people in Mac thought we were insane! I am going to contact every Mac support person in this country until I find one that knows what we're talking about. If anyone has any info/help for this, please help!! I found a link of a picture, showing it on the dock! (MobileMe / Dock Icon on Flickr - Photo Sharing!)

Help!! I miss my MobileMe dock icon!

Reaction score
Yeah, I realized that, but it's exactly what I had (and I didn't create it or use anything like Fluid). It appeared when I initially installed mobileme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yeah, I realized that, but it's exactly what I had (and I didn't create it or use anything like Fluid). It appeared when I initially installed mobileme.

Interesting. Maybe some one else can help you. I don't recall having that image on my dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Me either, never had a mobile me icon on the dock.... what did it do?

you can drag a book mark to the dock and put it there and get a icon that looks like mobile me and change it if you would like that work around to get your icon back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.