iWork Pages Text All Showinp Up As Just White?

Reaction score
I installed iwork for the first time last night. And when I loaded up pages, I found it really strange that all the text was just white and so essentially invisible on the page. I can see its outline when I select the text so I know the text is there, and I tried just about everything to change the color back to default black. I checked preferences too and still no luck.

Is this a general problem? What can i do to fix it?

Reaction score
Same problem

Sorry you are having a problem, but I am experiencing the same issue. Only time I see any content is when I click on the outline button. Content appears for a second or two and then disappears again.

Hope someone has a solution.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Highlight your text, click on 'Colors', change it back to black instead of white.

Or,

20090223-tecq6a3mymtmfseinnd1p7usbw.jpg

Reaction score
Still no visible text

Thanks for your suggestion.

I worked with the text color and the background color. Still the text is not visible.

The text shows to be black and the background white. The word count shows over 1500 words, but the page appears blank.

Another clue, I never get a text cursor (I beam like). The cursor never changes from the angle arrow. Don't know what I am missing.

When I "select all" (command-a) nothing appears on the screen either, like a color block showing selected text. I will continue to look for answers and if I find any, I will post back here.

Reaction score
iWorks and iPhoto 09 working now

I solved the invisible text problem in iWorks09 while researching a problem in iPhoto09.

I wasn't able to edit photos in iPhoto. I could view thumbnails, but that was all. I learned the problem was with my Video Card.

I am using an old G4 Sawtooth (1999) which I have upgraded. I believe the standard video card (an ATI Rage 128) does not support Quartz Extreme. I understand that QE was introduced in 2002 with Jaguar. Simply, it moves (or can move) video processing to the video card rather than being performed on the CPU.

I bought an ATI Radeon 9200 and everything is working.

There maybe other issues which cause the text in iWorks to disappear, but at least one requirement is to have a video card which is capable of supporting QE.

Hope this is helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.