New to Mac & Lost (Disk full?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" - 1.67GHZ- 2048MB - 120GIG
I love my Iphone & changed from windows to mac yesterday and am clueless. When I load a program or a few updates, I get an error message advising me I have no more space or lacking space to save the program. It seems to continue with the download but keeps giving me error.

How do I find out if Im at my limit. My mac has a limit of 120GB if that makes sense - not clued up at all about macs :(

Reaction score
Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility

...click on your hard disk and the Disk Utility will tell you somewhere at the bottom capacity and how much is used or available. That should do it :)

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
if your mac is new to you, especially with 120 gb then you definately shouldn't have any problem with space. make sure that the disk is saving your program into the Applications folder. other than that... if you have the OS disks you might want to do a full wipe and install of the HDD. post back if you want to.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" - 1.67GHZ- 2048MB - 120GIG
Thanks for the reply... and how do I ensure it is saving into the application folder? As in windows you can either instruct it to either save to desktop or into Program folders etc?

Is there a setting that I can do to ensure it goes to the App folder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.