New or Old MB's?

Reaction score
I purchased a MB 2 weeks ago without the knowledge of the new release of MBs.

TO be honest i am not regretting it in the slightest, in fact i think im lucky because now you can't buy the 2.4ghz 2gb RAM model. (to my knowledge).

The only good thing about the new Macbook (in my eyes) is it's glass trim.

The Price is VERY steep, and i cannot stand the usual silver/black look most laptops have these days. Can you even do the Back to School promotion on the new ones?

White Macbooks destroy the new Macbooks any day of the week in my eyes. Anyone with me!? (please..)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white macbook, core 2 duo 2.1 ghz, 1 gig ram, 120 gig hdd, a machine of wonder!
haha, i have a white macbook, i think that my macbook is fine, it looks better too! my only objection is the graphics card, now the lowest end macbook is a lot more powerful! thats the only reason why i'd prefer the new one, but if ur not interested in power, then these macbooks are fine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
The one thing that is tempting me with the new MB is the backlit LCD screen. That sure would be nice. At least I know what I'll replace this with in a year or two!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
New, I realy like the look of them, although I did love the white ones :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Don't worry - you're always going to feel a slight bit of buyers remorse when new Macs are released... but it'd be the same if they had waited another few months before releasing new ones - there's always something new just around the corner.

Enjoy your Macbook, it's great and probably a bit better value for money as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Well I think the move is genius in some ways. I have a BlackBook, and those kept in good condition will be in high demand in the future on the used market, just like the 12" powerbook even now can fetch $600 if it's in mint condition.

I don't understand why the Black MacBooks have been discontinued - whilst white was always the Apple trademark colour, the black one's seemed a bit 'different'. One has to wonder whether the iMac will soon look the same as a cinema display; ultra thin and silver, rather than white. The entire Mac range is now silver... a bit boring if you ask me!

Reaction score
One has to wonder whether the iMac will soon look the same as a cinema display; ultra thin and silver, rather than white.

Am i missing something? Cause last time i checked the iMac was already black an silverish O:)

The mini is missing though.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I like the old design, but the Gpu and the multi touch is probably the best features about the new ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
[...]The entire Mac range is now silver... a bit boring if you ask me!

The entire Mac range is always one theme once it's complete, isn't it?

G4 - All gray/white plastic
G5/CoreDuo/Early C2D - White plastic (exception: the pro line aluminum, but the majority of Macs sold were most likely white)
Recent C2D - All aluminum/glass

I do agree however that there should be greater differentiation between the MB and MBP. Also, what's up with keeping the 17" MBP the old style?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i dont liek the new one either. white is the way to go, although mine is silver as it is a macbook pro, but if i could have, i would have got the pro in white. I LOVE white and its sad that you cant get any white mac products anymore except the mighty mouse. Not even the ipods come in white anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Yea Im pretty upset about this. I'm really glad they decided to actually put a decent graphics chip in the MB, then make it $1299; what I paid for mine in May. Now that these are out, no one would want to buy my Macbook.

Oh well, maybe another round of Macbooks will come out right BEFORE I need a new laptop. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
From 2001 until very recently, the pro machines were silver and the consumer machines were white (iBook, iMac).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
Old ones look much nicer...not just becasue i have one, they have the same spec except the new one has a better graphics card...
but my OLD MACBOOK has a firewire port...
which is perfect for my external drive...im so glad i got my macbook 2 months ago...if your buying one now...get the old style definately

Reaction score
I agree... I LOVE the white MB... everytime I walk into a coffee shop and see people with a white macbook... I silently grin with excitement... hehe :) :) I have had my macbook since July and have no desire to even look at the new one's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.