• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A funny observation...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Mac users are obsessed with Apple.

Walking through the library at my school today, every single person with a pc computer was doing their homework had a book on their desk and was researching something or writing a paper.

Every person with a mac however, was either on engadget or on apple.com looking at what apple released, myself included. Sure, we'll all do our work, but everyone of us Mac users wanted to see what Apple was doing before we moved on.

How many of you are doing, did the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Guilty as charged. My fingers are aching from overusing Command-R!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Same here. It's nice working from home, didn't have to try and hide it from anyone.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
Yupp, today at school I was working on my homework.. but.. could not resist checking the new MacBooks, lol. Still loving my white one though.. the silver/back combo is not bad... but it's just not the same as the white which some of us cannot get enough of, I know.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Did Apple do something today? :Mischievous:;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I was refreshing like a madman.

Disappointed in the end result, but I was still glued nonetheless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I was busy playing Quake II...

I can't be bothered to look at expensive toys that I'll never be able to own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I was watching the blogs as well. I'm watching the keynote now. :D

I prefer to watch them, so I usually try to avoid the live blogs. I did read gizmodo and engadget today. I prefer the gizmodo feed, the guy writing at engadget erks me off. I hate how he always has to put in some snide comment with his writing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I was checking about every 2 minutes while pretending to work

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I was checking about every 2 minutes while pretending to work

Ditto ;)

I know it's so fanboyish, but I can't help it. All of my fellow IT employees were so tired of hearing me talk about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Honestly, I couldn't care less what the newest, latest and greatest tech from is.

If I'm not in the market for anything new (which at the moment, I am not) then I pay no attention to the countless blogs and other Apple related sites have to report.
Even if I am, I would only bother to check what Apple has on their site and then go inspect it for myself at an Apple Store.

Of course, since I am a member here, I find out about it anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I was going through the forums and saw the new posts saying they were released, I was up at 5am looking through all the macbook and pros, on dial up speed I might add, my broadband was overused and went to dial up speed, i have to remember i cant load 15 tabs at once at 5kb/s!

I really want one of the new macbooks, just the fact that they have a decent graphics card in them was the turning point. But i still have my original core duo macbook and its going strong with a 2GB ram upgrade and a HD upgrade to 320GB. I'll be building a PC next year with my IT course so I wouldnt have any need to buy it because that will have all the power I need and my macbook will become my traveling laptop that i'll take everywhere then that might justisfy mobileme. But when I start working, the first thing im doing, is gonna sell the PC and macbook and buy the MBP, I just cant resist! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.