• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

"And that tiny heart grew 3 times as big..."

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Every fanboy in Mac-Forums liked Macs a lot. But Absolute Zero, who had a tiny cold heart, did not.

AZ used to be a fanboy, but realized the truth... Every Apple Computer he bought had something big wrong with it. His iMac wouldn't run OS X. His Performa had a dead floppy drive. His PowerBook had dead pixels and the hard drive had failed multiple times. He thought "I must stop Macs from coming into my household!"

Bad Mac experience after bad Mac experience caused his big heart to shrink, and that poor tiny heart froze like someone falling into the cold ice of a skating rink (I know that was lame, sorry).

One day AZ remembered a tiny Mac community he had signed up for in August 2003. He gave support, was friendly, and didn't use proper grammar and spelling. AZ left Mac forums because of unfortunate events in his personal life, where he took a little break from the Internet.

But his heart grew cold during that time. So cold that if it was touched, your hands would freeze and fall off.

AZ went back to Mac-Forums again, but he had changed. He didn't like Macs and he trolled a lot. He made the decision to leave the forums because he caused too much trouble.

Well, since then, AZ has discovered a little thing called iLife. He had only used iPhoto and iTunes, and iPhoto lagged a lot but iTunes was a dream come true. He tried out iMovie and iDVD, as well as Garageband. He likes this iLife a lot. He thinks he has a future with making music and movies and movie editing. He is pissed that he can't burn a video CD in iDVD, and he is pissed that there is nothing like this on Windows...

So AZ decided he would save up for a brand new 1.8 GHz G5 20" iMac with 1 Gig of RAM and a 250 GB hard drive to edit movies with, a wonderful as well as a DV cam.

But there is a problem. He only has $377, and his fourth hard drive is on its way to hard drive heaven. AZ doesn't have an external monitor and cannot get a Mac mini, and may have to use his old 400 mhz iMac (which I now dub it the name "The Tank") for his day to day life. Either that, or he could just get a new hard drive with his Apple Care. AZ doesn't like those geniuses though, they sometimes give AZ a hard time.

AZ thought he would write this up because he really doesn't have anything better to do. Plus, he really liked the title of the thread and it inspired him to write it. He also needed a good excuse to come back with a bang. He also wanted people to laugh at his silly rhymes, even though he only remember 2 that he used.

And thats my story.

V

vuschejan

Absolute Zero said:
Every fanboy in Mac-Forums liked Macs a lot. But Absolute Zero, who had a tiny cold heart, did not.

AZ used to be a fanboy, but realized the truth... Every Apple Computer he bought had something big wrong with it. His iMac wouldn't run OS X. His Performa had a dead floppy drive. His PowerBook had dead pixels and the hard drive had failed multiple times. He thought "I must stop Macs from coming into my household!"

Bad Mac experience after bad Mac experience caused his big heart to shrink, and that poor tiny heart froze like someone falling into the cold ice of a skating rink (I know that was lame, sorry).

One day AZ remembered a tiny Mac community he had signed up for in August 2003. He gave support, was friendly, and didn't use proper grammar and spelling. AZ left Mac forums because of unfortunate events in his personal life, where he took a little break from the Internet.

But his heart grew cold during that time. So cold that if it was touched, your hands would freeze and fall off.

AZ went back to Mac-Forums again, but he had changed. He didn't like Macs and he trolled a lot. He made the decision to leave the forums because he caused too much trouble.

Well, since then, AZ has discovered a little thing called iLife. He had only used iPhoto and iTunes, and iPhoto lagged a lot but iTunes was a dream come true. He tried out iMovie and iDVD, as well as Garageband. He likes this iLife a lot. He thinks he has a future with making music and movies and movie editing. He is pissed that he can't burn a video CD in iDVD, and he is pissed that there is nothing like this on Windows...

So AZ decided he would save up for a brand new 1.8 GHz G5 20" iMac with 1 Gig of RAM and a 250 GB hard drive to edit movies with, a wonderful as well as a DV cam.

But there is a problem. He only has $377, and his fourth hard drive is on its way to hard drive heaven. AZ doesn't have an external monitor and cannot get a Mac mini, and may have to use his old 400 mhz iMac (which I now dub it the name "The Tank") for his day to day life. Either that, or he could just get a new hard drive with his Apple Care. AZ doesn't like those geniuses though, they sometimes give AZ a hard time.

AZ thought he would write this up because he really doesn't have anything better to do. Plus, he really liked the title of the thread and it inspired him to write it. He also needed a good excuse to come back with a bang. He also wanted people to laugh at his silly rhymes, even though he only remember 2 that he used.

And thats my story.

Abs, if you want an external monitor, Any pc thing. Go to the dump, I found my 20 inch viewsonic flatscreen there. My Dad and I have built over 5 PC's from old parts And if you need a hard drive, they have those too. I just found a 60 gig IBM drive. The dump has everything!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I like that idea. I like it a lot.

The idea of going near my city's dump disgusts me though. Just driving by it makes me want to throw up, the smell is so bad!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
You could always try the freecycle.org group in your area.I just got rid of two old CRT monitors (worked but I have no room for them) to a man and his daughter yesterday, they were building a computer for the girl to do her homework on and didn't have much money to buy the parts with.

Being the kind person I am, I threw in a GeForce5200 video card, an Abit A7N motherboard, a stick of 256MB RAM, a CD-Rom drive and my old PowerMax PC case so they could get a good start on the computer. All this for free.

PS: Plus I scored a bunch of points with my wife since she doesn't have to look at the stuff taking up space in the house anymore. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
cool. you can get an 80 gb internal at office max for $40. I say build your own mac, or ask people to donate to the cause. and I wish I had idvd, if anyone has an extra copy, Ill take it.
@zero:
did you see that thread thanking me? its so cool, Im like a superstar. lol, just kidding, it is cool though, Ive never seen anyone else here get multiple threads talking about how great they are. dont worry, it wont go to my head.:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
G

General_K

rberry88 said:
You could always try the freecycle.org group in your area.I just got rid of two old CRT monitors (worked but I have no room for them) to a man and his daughter yesterday, they were building a computer for the girl to do her homework on and didn't have much money to buy the parts with.

Being the kind person I am, I threw in a GeForce5200 video card, an Abit A7N motherboard, a stick of 256MB RAM, a CD-Rom drive and my old PowerMax PC case so they could get a good start on the computer. All this for free.

PS: Plus I scored a bunch of points with my wife since she doesn't have to look at the stuff taking up space in the house anymore. :cool:

That's cool. I bet that made you feel good, helping out some people that couldn't afford to go out and buy a new computer.

Also, scoring points with the better half is always a good thing. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Murlyn said:
trust me, its not going to my head, its fine, Im not like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
General_K said:
That's cool. I bet that made you feel good, helping out some people that couldn't afford to go out and buy a new computer.

Also, scoring points with the better half is always a good thing. :p

It was cool helping them out. I always get suspicious of some of the people that get stuff from freecycle but after talking a few minutes with them I couldn't help but want to help, especially knowing I had this stuff sitting around collecting dust while they were struggling to get something I can go out and buy anytime. Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint but I was glad to help.

D

Desolate One

Welcome back mate. Good choice on the G5. Same specs I was considering before I realized it was a "want" and not a "need". I "need" to pay bills, not create more!

By the by, if you're still feeling salty about your Performa I'll send you mine. Complete w/ monitor. I just ask kfor shipping. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yeah welcome back - neat story :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
Hey look everyone its abs... arnt u all happy **being sarcastic**... haha... jk! Welcome back to the "Dark Side" :tusks:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Welcome Back!

I think we'll get to the bottom of this getting a new mac pretty soon...

Just post it in the Switcher Hangout...You'll get much more response from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
You could try scamming people on eBay, or simply sell your soul (some girl sold her soul for £13 on eBay).

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I want to try something really insane on eBay and get a lot of money for it. But I don't want to pay eBay fees and stuff. I was thinking of selling this PowerBook for parts... maybe my ol' iTank (400 MHz iMac) as well. I'll probably wait until new iMac updates, because last time I was impatient and begged for a PowerBook, the new 1 GHz PowerBooks came out a month after I got mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.