G4 - startup issue

Reaction score
I have this weird problem, I think i deleted some files , I am selling my laptop so I wanted to erase any files with my information on top. I guess I erased something wrong and now when I boot up, I just get a blue screen and I see a mouse arrow stuck on the top left corner and it just freezes there. BUT when I boot and hold the "D" button, I can boot up fine. Has anyone ever encountered this situation before? and know what I could do to try and fix this, I do not have my tiger CD anymore either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Well it sounds like you critically altered a few boot-up files and it will not be fixable unless you have the restore CDs that came with the laptop or an Operating System CD. I did it with this powerbook, but I was able to fix it because I had OS CDs for it.

OP
K
Reaction score
anyway i can fix this if i dont have the cd?
what files are needed? maybe i could dl just some of the main files needed...
the laptop boots up perfectly fine when i hold 'D' during bootup
so im assuming it isnt that big of a problem to fix

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.