upgraded to leopard and now have wifi problems

Reaction score
I know there were numerous known issues with wifi and upgrading to leopard some months ago.

My issue is that although my wifi access (through a 3rd party router) does work it never automatically connects after coming out of sleep. It seems unable to save my default connect through network preferences. Also when I try to connect through network preferences it fails to connect.

The only way I can successfully connect is to go through network diagnostics each time I take the macbook out of sleep which is very frustrating.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out here?

Thanks.

OP
P
Reaction score
I followed the instructions on that forum but it didnt seem to work. Having deleted all keychain references to airport and rebooted and re entered network info (which it still auto detected). It still would not reconnect from sleep to my wifi. :-(

Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Are you using g or n in your 802 choice.

Reaction score
I have had nothing but wifi problems with leopard. It won't connect on wake or startup, drops the connection more and more now, and is making me very unhappy with leopard, and with my mac. I am actually typing this on my pc because both of my pcs and my ubuntu linux machine have no such wifi problems. I have quit using the mac for internet, which was its strong suit before leopard. Apple really screwed up on this one. This issue seems to be with leopard, as it effects macbooks and macbook pros, new and old.

And worst of all, I don't even know if they realize it, and have seen no fix. I have tried all the suggestions. I may have to wipe the drive and go back to tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I would occasionally have wifi problems but after 10.5.6 so far they have been
eliminated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.