hdtv monitor help

Reaction score
just need a little bit of help. i have a 32 inch 720p hdtv and im using it with my 13 inch macbook. i set it to native resolution but it doesnt seem to fit the tv. the fit is off to the left, leaving empty space at the bottom and the right. is there any way of adjusting the screen? cant seem to find a way to get this done. i could technically get work done, but its just annoying sometimes getting stuff from offscreen. thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your MacBook is set to display the HDTV at its native resolution. (which you state you are already doing)

Do you have the MacBook set to "mirror" the display and are you using the external HDTV by itself? (MacBook display off) If so, you may have to adjust the TV controls (if possible) each time.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
yeah. its set to native resolution and its set to mirror mode. the screen fit is off with and without the macbook display. the only time the hdtv fits is when its not set to mirror mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.