Deleting Firefox Files

Reaction score
I use MSN messenger, and when I click on the button to take me to my Hotmail inbox and it makes me type my password every time! A few months ago, it would take me directly to my inbox. Ive tried reinstalling Firefox and deleting as many internet files as I could find. Any tips on how to fix this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, ATI Radeon HD, 250GB hard drive, 8x double-layer SuperDrive
You're trying to fix this by deleting internet files...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod - iMac
You don't need to delete any files.

Make sure your cookies are enabled fully.

OP
U
Reaction score
Ya, my cookies are enabled.

I get this message when I click on my emails in msn:

The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please retype the e-mail address and password, or sign up if you haven't already done so.

I think I need to delete something, so that I can enter my pw and email again and have firefox remember it.

If I click on the "remember my email and password" button on hotmail, it still doesnt work the next time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Nothing to do with Firefox at all, it's just MSN, wants you to put in Password. (It is for your security after all.)

OP
U
Reaction score
But it used to always take me directly to my inbox, I think it started making me enter my password when I went to hotmail.com instead of checking my emails through msn. I signed in thorugh hotmail.com and now it wont work the other way.

I hate typing my password in each time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
And I likewise, with FFox, with a different forum site. It's the only one where I have to sign in every time with my user name and password, despite accepting its cookies and contacting the admin about it. All other forums 'remember me' okay, no need to sign in every time. A small nuisance.

Reaction score
tools > clear private data > clear private data now.

nobody seemed to answer it even though it wont make a difference but here's the answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.