MS Word 2008 envelope printing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 14", M2 Pro, 32GB RAM
It appears that Word 2008 cannot remember that envelopes need to be fed manually...in WinWord, this setting is retained and when you print envelopes, it "knows". No need to fool with it once set.

MacWord seems to want the user to specify this every time you print. Total PITA. Or am I missing something? Believe it or not, searching Help for "envelope" gets you nothing but a pointer to the menu option.

Tom

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears that Word 2008 cannot remember that envelopes need to be fed manually...in WinWord, this setting is retained and when you print envelopes, it "knows". No need to fool with it once set.

MacWord seems to want the user to specify this every time you print. Total PITA. Or am I missing something? Believe it or not, searching Help for "envelope" gets you nothing but a pointer to the menu option.

Tom

I believe the option depends on the printer and its driver for OS X. What printer are you using and which driver? I don't seem to have that problem with my HPLJ 1012. I'm also using Office 2008 (and Office 2007 while in XP).

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 14", M2 Pro, 32GB RAM
HP LaserJet 2605dn, using the OSX 2605 driver. This feature works fine in XP.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Gb macbook
Printing from address lists

Im using Word 2008 on my Mac and a cannon Pixma MP610. I need to create an address list that can be printed to a6 envelopes. I don't have a clue where to start:Blushing:. Can someone give an idiots guide ?.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Word 2008 help: "How to create envelopes using mail merge"

Pretty easy to follow, give it a try. Note that the envelope size and choice of address placement and so forth must be done separately. I suggest doing that first.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.