PS2 on the macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
I'm trying to connect my PS2 so that I can play it through my macbook screen.

I've bought a "Miglia TVDuo," to try to get it working but it doesn't seem to be working. When I plug the RF lead into the TVDuo box the EyeTV software doesn't seem to want to tune to the frequency that the playstation works at.

Any thoughts?

OP
hojkoff_101
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
I'm trying to connect my PS2 so that I can play it through my macbook screen.

I've bought a "Miglia TVDuo," to try to get it working but it doesn't seem to be working. When I plug the RF lead into the TVDuo box the EyeTV software doesn't seem to want to tune to the frequency that the playstation works at.

Any thoughts?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
a loooong time ago i ran a ps1 into a windows machine via a hauppage tv tuner card. i remember needing to use a VCR to go through to the tuner card, though i'm not sure if that was just for the connections (ps1 > rca cable to vcr > coax to tuner card). the result was a small grainy image. though, like i said, that was years ago - and the pc was a 200Mhz PII with maybe a gig of ram and a medocre video card.

good luck - sorry i couldn't be more help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Does the "Miglia TVDuo" work with anything? A normal cable connection, any other source?

OP
hojkoff_101
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
Does the "Miglia TVDuo" work with anything? A normal cable connection, any other source?

What do you mean by a normal cable connection? It connects to the mac via a USB port and you plug RF cables into the other end of the Migla box. I think that the problem might be that I can't tune the PS2 to a Digital TV receiver.

Any suggestions for how I can get the Miglia to take an analog signal?

All other thoughts welcome too of course!

Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
No, I think he is asking if it shows picture for anything else, like if you plug in a cable connection to the box, does it show on your laptop screen? If it doesn't work with any input, then the problem may be with the device and not with the PS2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.